HELLO PEOPLE OF THE BACKYARD
This post is merely intended to completely spell out the co-commissioner’s stance on our minor league system. Speaking of which, at Lobman’s recommendation, WE should have a name. Co-commissioners is long and ugly. Might I suggest…
THE BRAIN (BRANE…Brian and Shane…GET IT???)
It’s a delightful portmanteau that is clearly an epitome of the regime to date. Brilliant, yet, constantly ruined plans by our underlings.
WITH THAT SAID, this is our revised proposition:
- The Minor League system will be self policed by Fantrax. You will be required to roster 10 minor leaguers that fall under the rookie max of 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched, as it always has been.
- Under our system, you can still keep your “high minors” players. However, since Fantrax does not allow us to automatically police them, to accrue stats, you would need to move the player to your active roster and replace him with an eligible player to your minor league stable. This will likely mean dropping a Major League player. Alternately, the player may stay in your minor league system, but not accrue stats. You can do this to your liking as needed. This is the “taxi” system discussed in the chat.
We at The Brain feel that this is a very fair compromise to our original plan. We don’t lose high minors being a thing while still using a nice benefit of Fantrax to help automatically enforce minors.
Changing Pitching Category
- For simplicity: Do we want to keep complete games or not? If there is a general consensus to replace them, we can dive further into specifics. If it’s something we generally do not want to do, why go insane debating what to replace it with if only like 3 people even want to?
- Sticking with the theme of simplicity: Do we want to explore a cash prize? Specifics can be discussed at a later date.
- Add 2 roster spots to bring bench to 5.
- Remove the corner infield and middle infield slots and make just 1 INF slot. This move gives us 21 starters and 5 bench spots.
- Minors players are eligible to be in minor league slots until rookie limits have been passed. “Taxi System” as noted above.
- There will be a separate vote on the amount of roster additions since there are widely varying opinions. I’ve heard 3 or 5, a compromise of 4, and even one saying 1.
- There will be a draft. The length of the draft will be however many roster additions we agree on, minus any rights players being kept; i.e. we vote for 4 slots, I keep all 3 rights players, I only get 1 pick.
- Order is to be determined based on reverse order of final standings from the playoff bracket and the remaining 4 teams go into the draft lottery as voted on during the off season before our previous commissioner departed and we agreed on. We’ll do that once the above is settled right away so we can allow some time to schedule the draft and allow pick trading as such a thing is desired.
- Rosters MUST be compliant as of the old system prior to drafting regardless. You should have 35 players on your roster only. We will discuss actual keeping of rights players once the amount on roster slots opened up is decided. They’ve been removed for now for simplicity.
I’ll give us a day or two to digest and possibly counter. Sometime Saturday night I’ll send out an email with the ballot questions so stay on top of life and send it back ASAP so we can get 2020 moving.
THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL VOTE ON THE COMPLETE GAMES THING. Because how things go may shape your opinion on complete games, I will leave that off THIS BALLOT. For the love of me and all that is good in this world, I want this read by this weekend and if anyone has another idea they want added NOW IS THE TIME.
That is all.