YANNO WHAT like all things in this blog I’ve just been slapping shit together and I’ve decided I am far too busy to be writing long Week Reviews, so THE WEEK REVIEW IS DEAD. Long live the Week Review. It’s a shame I only got like one or two weeks in with those adorable little cat key pictures but here we are.
ANYWAYZ welcome to WEEKLY QUICK HITTERS, where I quickly(ish) recap the week that was and also try and find speedy players with uniform #s corresponding to the week that….was. One for one in that department. Week 9 in the books, month of MAY also in the books, so there will be a June Power Rankings at some point this week and possibly a brief midseason awards baked into THAT but yanno… I’m not gonna live my life on these deadlines mannnnn *angrily strums acoustic guitar* Also the JROLL bobblehead has been recovered so expect that to be awarded to the team rostering the 2019 JROLL AWARD winner… again at this point these things, and my entire existence, are mostly about tracking those increasingly elusive (but a little less so this week) JROLLs…..
WEEK 9 QUICK RESULTS:
Bears (4-4-1) 7-6-1 over Kings (5-4)
X-Rayz (1-6-2) 9-4-1 over Leviathans (4-5)
Bad Dudes (3-4-2) 6-6-2 TIE Fishing Club (5-3-1)
Isotopes (4-5) 6-3-5 over Banana Slugs (2-6-1)
BackdoorSliderz (9-0) 9-4-1 over Renegade Force (4-4-1)
WEEK 9 QUICK NOTES:
- Officially halfway through the Backyard regular season, so why not have a quick gander at the #BackyardBracket IF IT STARTED TODAY: #1 BackdoorSliderz & #2 Ocean Gate Fishing Club would have your two byes, #4 Rojo’s Renegade Force would host #5 Island Beach Bears, and #3 East Coast Kings would host the SIXTH SEED LAKEHURST LEVIATHANS.
- That’s right, if the season ended today Shane would be in the playoffs folks. Granted that’s based off victories over the ‘Topes and ‘Dudes and granted they all currently have the same win percentage and granted they all have to play again, still a real accomplishment for an owner that was typically all but Gone Fishin’ by now.
- In sadder news, being halfway through the season also means our evil defending champeen has now gone one turn through ye ole’ schedule unscatched. Not UNPRECEDENTED per se (Ryan’s squad last year won 10 in a row, league historians may recall a certain dynasty that won 14 straight then tied in the last week of the regular season then steamrolled through the playoffs on the way to their 3rd straight championship, etc. etc. etc.) BUT perhaps a record for most wins to start a season, who fucking knows. Sounds about right. Will just make it sweeter when they DON’T win back-to-back championships AMIRITE?! (*Groupme pulling at collar emoji*)
- In other intriguing news the Astoria Isotopes have come ROARING BACK after an 0-5 start, could also be some sort of historical bullshit should they make the Bracket I DON’T KNOW MAN I haven’t been in the league since inception. But we are getting ahead of ourselves. But the Astoria Isotopes have won 4 straight after starting 0-5 and so that, is of note, I guess.
- Also the Pacific Beach X-Rayz won their first matchup of 2019. Congrats to the Pacific Beach X-Rayz and their delightful ownership group (one individual).
WEEK 9 QUICK AWARDS / JROLLs
MVP OF THE WEEK:
15.1 IP, 3 ER, 19 Ks, 2 QS, 2 Ws, 1.76 ERA
WEEK 9 LVP OF THE WEEK:
2/20, .182 OBP
WEEK 9 JROLLS:
- Christian Yelich (ECK, 1)
- Ahmed Rosario (OGFC, 1)
- Byron Buxton (RCBD, 1)
- Trevor Story (BBS, 2)
- Adalberto Mondesi (LL, 3)
And your HALFWAY HOME JROLLs REPORT:
1.) Adalberto Mondesi (LL) – 3
2.) Trevor Story (BBS) – 2
3.) Whit Merrifield (BBS) – 2
4.) Ronny Rodriguez (RRF) – 1
5.) Kelvin Gutierrez (PBX) – 1
6.) Fernando Tatis, Jr. (LTBS) – 1
7.) Ronald Acuna, Jr. (LTBS) – 1
8.) Elvis Andrus (ECK) – 1
9.) Jonathan Villar (IBB) – 1
10.) Kolten Wong (PBX) – 1
11.) Cody Bellinger (LTBS) – 1
12.) Ender Inciarte (BBS) – 1
13.) Ahmed Rosario (OGFC) – 1
14.) Byron Buxton (RCBD) – 1
15.) Christian Yelich (ECK) – 1
Thank you for tuning in to Week 9 QUICK HITTERS