– June 19, 2017
And now some Minor League news from your Minor League Coordinator:
Hello “friends”. I’ve been dragging my feet a bit on this, mostly because I’ve been fairly busy with some real life (SAD!) stuff, so I have finally gotten to a computer to do work, and this is what I’ve decided to start with. Without Further ado:
THURSDAY 7/13 Draft Rights Player Draft Guidelines:
- Draft start time is TBD
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO. I understand some of you do not really care too much for this process, and you may simply decide to not risk anything and just PASS on your picks. This makes my life easier, and allows this process to move quickly.
- Draft will be 3 Rounds – Drafted in a fixed 1-10 fashion (based off of last season’s regular season record)
- You may only have (3) draft rights players at a time. This means you must make a decision on your currently owned players prior to drafting.
- If you decide to keep any of your rights players, you will forfeit your picks in the draft in descending order (3,2,1) depending on how many players you keep.
- Deadline for decisions on currently owned players will be Sunday (7/9) prior to the draft at 11:59 pm.
- If you renounce the rights to your draft rights player, they will be available in the draft. If they’re not drafted, they are ineligible to be selected in any form until they show up in the system, or the offseason draft.
- An updated spreadsheet of rights players will be provided.
- A spreadsheet with draft order (full with trades and such) will be provided within the next day or so. Maybe even today I don’t know.
- Obviously, trades are acceptable for draft rights picks and players. There have already been a few. Picks for the offseason draft are also available to be traded. This is already being tracked, and a spreadsheet will be provided in short order.
- Unattached players ARE eligible to be drafted but with the following conditions:
- If a player is drafted in this year’s draft rights draft, they MUST sign with an organization by 7/13/18. If they are not attached to a team by that time, they will be released back into the pool for the next year’s draft.
- This is not negotiable. This is a risk that you take for picking this player. You are being warned.
- Again, just a little refresher on the draft rights process:
- If you draft a player, you are obligated to make a decision on his roster status for your team the second he is found to be available in the ESPN player pool.
- You are free to add him or decline and send him back to the player pool.
- If you add this player, you will use your waiver spot. Your waiver spot will be used REGARDLESS of whether we notice a player is on or off waivers at the time.
- If you relinquish the rights to a player, he’s available (via waivers or free agency) to the rest of the league.
- Its simple, really.
Ok, so there may be added questions, but I will help streamline the process as much as I can, once I get any questions or comments. But I think we’re pretty clear on the process, and enjoying just how complex and convoluted we could make this league.
QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? PLAUDITS? Please bring it up on the chat!
Hugs and Kisses,